Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Looking good!

I know you were all waiting for an update yesterday, but I didn't hear from the Canadian RE until today. Went in to the local clinic yesterday (CD8). Lining measured 8mm, one follie at 11mm. Found out today that the blood work was fine. I will go in for a final lining check on Friday. Assuming all is good, I will start progesterone Sunday and the transfer will be next Wednesday! I'm really hoping Angrycanrn can be there for the transfer this time. Time to start checking airfares!

BTW, to be filed under "People Are Stupid," went to a physical therapist for the first time Monday for my foot. I explained that I didn't want to have him use a topical anti-inflammatory because of the upcoming FET. So he tells me that he and his (30 year old!) wife were trying to conceive for quite a while (I didn't ask how long, 'cause I didn't want to hear the stupid response), and that she got pregnant as soon as she gave up coffee. Ummm, yeah, right.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well just give up coffee and you are set. heh.

HURRAH for good blood work and WOO and HOOOO for next wednesday!!!!!

Meg said...

Coffee! I can't believe this isn't all over the news. Imagine the baby boom when that gets out!

Wednesday will be here before you know it!

Geohde said...

DId you look at them seriously, slap your forehead and go 'Coffee! Why didn't I think of THAT?'

Double points if you leap up off of the table, shake their hand and walk out whistling.....

Honestly, it never stops. Good luck m'dear.

J

Nikki said...

That easy huh? Give up coffee? How about the likes of me that don't drink coffee anyway? What do we give up? Morons!

Yay on getting started! I'm jealous of that lining of yours! Go get the embies sister, and may they stick stick stick!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah Dora, didn't anyone tell you? If you just give up coffee IF goes away (wfft!) in the blink of an eye! I don't know why that isn't brought up more on these IF blogs...

So glad things are looking good!

Michelle said...

Well I am glad to hear everything is going well! Good Luck I am really rooting for you!

battynurse said...

Oooh, I like Geohde's response. Kind of like those you could have had a V8? funny.
Glad that all the scans are going well and that thing are in line for the next FET. Here's hoping for a great cycle!!!

decemberbaby said...

He left out the part where she gave up coffee because it wasn't compatible with her fertility treatment plans ;)

Wednesday... that's majorly exciting! I'm cheering you on!

JW Moxie said...

That picture cracks me up.

Just coffee? Just dropping coffee is the answer? That was probably her "infertility" treatment after trying for just one month.

Watching with hope....

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Oh my goodness, that is so soon!

I have not had any coffee since 1982 when I was little and tried it a couple of times -- none at all. Wonder what your PT would have to say about that.

Oh and I forgot to tell you before when you asked about plantar fasciitis -- when I had it a few years ago, my PT recommended putting a water bottle (500ml) in the freezer and then when frozen, rolling it under your foot. Ice + massage = reduced inflammation.

I also did exercises and got orthotics, but I'm sure Mr. Coffee has those covered.

AnotherDreamer said...

LOL, wow, what's my problem then? I don't even drink coffee!

No, seriously, assvice reeks.

Good luuuuccckkkkk!!!

The Steadfast Warrior said...

Lol! Love the picture. People sometimes!

Wow, next Wednesday! I can't believe it's that time already! Crazy...

..al said...

Did you check back with the therapist if he was sure that he really was the Dad?

Okay, that would have been scathing, but yes, you can most certainly file it in the 'idiotic fertility advice of the day'.