Monday, December 8, 2008

Mel's Show and Tell — Why pay it forward?

This week I have a "tell." I want to share with you the sweetest reward of paying it forward.

Before ordering Kristin's birthday present and posting about it, I asked her permission. Obviously, she said yes. I also received this email from her (which she has given me permission to quote).

"BTW, I forgot to say that this email made my day. I’ve been walking around with a big grin on my face because, honestly, I don’t feel that I’ve done anything that special and it thrills me that I’ve made a difference."

Do you know how good that feels to read? Try it sometime and see!

Don't forget to check out the rest of the class!

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Thanks again sweetie. I've been telling everybody about my surprise birthday present.

Michelle said...

That is so great! It feels good to do good things and Kristen deserves it and so do you.

JuliaS said...

What a nice surprise!

I think stuff like this is awesome!

Today at the store, the lady in front of me left money on the checkout. I brought the cashier's attention to it and said I thought she might have left it by mistake. The cashier said the lady left it there on purpose and told her to give it to me with a "Merry Christmas". I bawled all the way home I was so touched.

Sam said...

am late for Show and Tell this week!! People are great aren't they!! And that includes you for pre-ordering the book!!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I'm always much more of a fan of paying it forward (to someone unsuspecting!) rather than paying it back. Good for you :-)

momofonefornow said...

I love the way it feels to give. It is better then getting anyday!!