Friday, December 5, 2008

Pay it Forward Fridays — Because I CAN!

I’ve missed the last couple of weeks with my PIF posts. Damned 2 week wait is so distracting.

Today, though, it feels important. I need to celebrate this community that has helped me maintain my sanity throughout this cycle. It has meant so much knowing all these caring people online have been waiting for updates and praying and hoping for my success.

I will raise my glass to you all tonight. Yup, I’m having me some alcohol tonight. With a side of ibuprofen. (Oh, I’ve missed ibuprofen!)

As my Pay it Forward gesture this week I’m giving a birthday gift to Kristin of The Fertile Infertile. Her birthday is tomorrow. Kristin is an all the time Iron Commenter, not just during ICLW! She can always be counted on to stop by with a comforting or encouraging word. I know I’m not the only one who treasures her contributions to our community.

I noticed a comment that Kristin left on Mel’s blog about Mel’s forthcoming book, Navigating the Land of If. She was hoping that her finances would be good when the book was released. Kristin does so much for others. For her kids and husband, her extended family (her loving posts about her in-laws are treasures), and her friends. It was an easy choice to pre-order another copy of the book (I already ordered mine) for Kristin.

So, birthday girl, your book will arrive shortly after its release. If you’re feeling flush at the time, you can always pay it forward by purchasing a copy for someone else. Maybe a new blogger listed on LFCA. A newbie who can really use the information. Just a thought.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Dora, you are such a beautiful person!!! You always have such great things to say. Take care of yourself this weekend!

Cara said...

Wow - you are really amazing! And, my glass half empty in your honor, as I type!

What a kind thing to do for someone else.

((hugs)) and as Bear would say, "It is the goodness and the kindess of your heart that makes you feel right."

Kristin said...

Thank you my friend. That is such a wonderful birthday surprise.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

You are such a fantastic person--and I'm not just saying that because my book was the prize :-)

Can I just state a Kristin story right here? Can we all raise a glass to her? A few weeks ago, she sent the twins about 18 Wonder Pets episodes. We've been watching them every night and we came to one recently that is a take-off on ET. And the pure joy the Wolvog got from seeing this episode (now for the 10th time) and thinking about how aliens could exist...it wouldn't have happened if not for Kristin. She changed his world in more ways than one (first with the joy that a Wonder Pets orgy shows up in his mailbox and then with discovering aliens).

To Kristin! The birthday girl and commenting goddess.

Billy said...

How nice of you!!

And Kristin - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Echloe said...

I'm sorry about the BFN. (((HUGS)))

Wishing 4 One said...

What a great thing to do. Kristin is awesome I agree!

Brenda said...

Awesome gift! You are truly one thoughtful lady.

Which is why it sucks even more about the BFN...suck, suck, suck.

And, uh, sorry I didn't let you know I was coming to the Big Apple. :( We only got a couple of days so we scooted off. We absolutely plan on coming back. Hopefully when it is warmer, otherwise I am so going to steal a friggin' warmer coat from you! Holy Crap!!! I don't know why this feels colder than Boston!! My face is wind chapped from today!!